The Toshiba 50 Inch Smart TV is a great UHD Smart TV and very popular too due to the very cheap prices:
- Ultra HD 4K resolution - Live and breathe the on-screen action with a Toshiba 4K UHD TV. Bringing you exhilarating life-like picture clarity, 4K UHD TVs display four times more detail than Full HD models.
- Dolby Audio - Experience the kind of audio that you would normally expect to hear in a movie theatre. Enjoy authentic-sounding dialogue and hear more of the on-screen action thanks to Dolby AudioTM.
- Toshiba Smart Portal - A whole new world of entertainment awaits you on your Toshiba big screen TV and it's all just one click away. Choose from Toshiba's huge range of music, video, TV and social media apps. With NetflixⓇ and YouTubeTM, you will find plenty of 4K content.
- Screen Share & Social TV - Share your most precious memories. Display photos from your smartphone or tablet on your big screen Toshiba TV. Get social! Check and update your social media accounts while you watch TV.
- Eco Friendly Mode - A contribution from us to help reduce your carbon footprint. Achieve thirty per cent more energy efficiency with Eco Mode. USB Recording
- Live and breathe the on-screen action with a Toshiba 4K UHD TV. Bringing you exhilarating life-like picture clarity, 4K UHD TVs display four times more detail than Full HD models.
- "Dolby Vision capable" - for scene-by-scene picture accuracy, Dolby Vision HDR transfers cutting-edge motion picture technology from movie theatres to the TV screen.
- Capture a wider spectrum of sound with integrated Onkyo speakers. Make every seat in the room the "sweet spot".
- Talk to Alexa via an Amazon Echo or Echo dot and control your TV with nothing but the sound of your voice
- Choose from Toshiba's huge range of music, video, TV and social media apps. With Netflix and YouTube, you will find plenty of 4K content
- Built-in high sensitive smart touchpad with 360-degree flip design.
- Innovative Shape,Portable, elegant, Perfect for PC, Pad, Android TV Box, Google TV Box, Xbox 360, PS3, HTPC, IPTV
- Operating range: 15 meters (max), without signal disturbance and no direction limit.
- Perfect combo: 92 keys Wireless QWERTY Keyboard + Touchpad which supports multi-finger functions,A single finger click as left mouse function, two-finger click as the right mouse function, double finger drag as the rolling screen
- MultiFunction 2.4Ghz Mini Wireless QWERTY keyboard, TouchPad combo.
So you can see that there are low prices for the Toshiba 50 Inch Smart TV online so it’s a brilliant UHD Smart TV to buy as they are such good smart TVs and the prices are very cheap too.
Navigation: Different platforms come with very different user interfaces. Some may be tiled, while others listed. The bottom line is, platforms are different and so are their layouts and ultimately navigation. Settle for a platform that is appealing to you, and you will have an ease of navigation.Buying online saves money and is also so much easier as some of these smart TVs are very large and so it’s just easily the best option. Superior Build Quality: This is and has been the only drawback in Smart TVs on offer from Samsung, as they use plastic in many parts of the TV. The quality of the product is such that it starts coming out after a few months of usage, clearly an area where Samsung has to work upon. However, this is a common flaw among Smart TVs from other manufacturers as well, so we can overlook and complete our purchase with much ease.
Smart TVs 4K UHD Streaming Video
Samsung is using the Tizen interface on its Smart TVs, offering tiles that scroll across the bottom of the screen. For 4k, since one is required to sit closer, the viewing distance for 40 inches is 3.3-5 feet, for 60 inches, 5.0-7.5 feet and the large 85 feet, 7-10 feet. However, for 4K TV, one can sit far away and not necessarily close to it.
Updates: Smart TVs do get regular updates of their platform. As we have constantly mentioned, they function as PC. These updates keep the platform running smoothly and ensure they move with time. However, with time, especially over long periods, some platforms may be rendered obsolete as we have seen with various operating systems such as Windows Vista.Samsung consistently scores at the top of the charts for televisions, both for HD and 4K resolution models, regardless of screen size.
Up scaling to a whole new level: With the introduction of 4K resolution, Smart TV section has clearly opened up doors for a huge competition amongst leading companies. Samsung isn’t that company to give up on competition; in fact it is the one that wants to lead the race. This year, Samsung launched TVs with 4K resolution at cheap and competitive prices. In this article we address the common features you should look for and some “must-have” features when considering a Smart TV purchase.
Should you Buy a Toshiba 50 Inch Smart TV?
Think of a smart TV like a smartphone with a large screen – and you can actually determine the size of the screen. It works like a smartphone because you can make use of applications such as YouTube, Facebook, etc. This simply means you have a bigger screen to do and read more fun stuff coming from all over the world. Using a smart TV, you can watch video on demand, while still checking your emails, since you get notifications just like a computer. Using what is known as a widget gallery, which was first introduced by Samsung and Yahoo, smart TV users can have icons displayed over what they are watching. This basically means you can add other non-TV services to the mix. You can add your social media feeds, weather feeds, sports and other content you find useful.Having a fast Internet connection gives you even more movies and TV shows to stream than you’ll ever have time to watch—but the caveat here is that you can only stream them if your Smart TV has an app(s) that supports the online service(s) you want to use.
Viewing distance and picture quality: One would assume that the closer you sit the TV, the picture appears distorted as was the case with old CRT TV. However, this is not the case with newer TV as they are designed to get rid of pixilation and picture distortion. However, do not sit too close to a TV, for obvious reasons, one being you risk damaging your eyes.Superior Build Quality: This is and has been the only drawback in Smart TVs on offer from Samsung, as they use plastic in many parts of the TV. The quality of the product is such that it starts coming out after a few months of usage, clearly an area where Samsung has to work upon. However, this is a common flaw among Smart TVs from other manufacturers as well, so we can overlook and complete our purchase with much ease.
Ultra HD and HD are the two resolutions to pick from. Ultra HD TVs carry 3840x2160 pixels whereas, HD TV’s carry 1920x1080 pixels. The Ultra HD TVs are also known as 4K TV, and they are becoming more common now with the prices burgeoning every day. The corded varieties are generally reliable, however it can be a literal pain in the back should be unfortunate enough to have a poor starter. If so, take it back to your supplier under warranty or get it serviced.Tizen is more advanced than a lot of Smart TV app interfaces and Tizen provides compatibility with some smartphones and tablets, which many of the other manufacturers don’t.
However, no one buys a TV to sit close to it. The whole purpose of buying an Ultra clear large smart TV is for the theater effects they have to offer, and as previously mentioned, bigger is better. Here are some TV sizes and their viewing distances. So the Toshiba 50 Inch Smart TV is a great Toshiba Smart TV UHD Smart TV but there are also lots of other UHD Smart TVs available so see our other pages for those other Toshiba Smart TV smart TV’s.
Updates: Smart TVs do get regular updates of their platform. As we have constantly mentioned, they function as PC. These updates keep the platform running smoothly and ensure they move with time. However, with time, especially over long periods, some platforms may be rendered obsolete as we have seen with various operating systems such as Windows Vista.You can consider smart TVs as part TV and part smartphone. Instead of requiring a special streaming box or stick, you can bring up apps straight on your TV. Standard TVs only receive a signal from digital antennas, cable box, or satellite box by default. Versatile features: While most brands focus on selling their TVs based on just one or a couple of specific features, Samsung has always been determined to increment all of its features in the next version, which makes so versatile, and the customers can easily compare one model to the other. Although your goal is to get a cheap smart TV, that doesn’t mean you should compromise on the quality of smart TV you are going to get. Smart TV has some important features that needs to be there regardless if it is cheap or not.
For 1080p TVs: 40 inches has a viewing distance of 5-8.3 feet, 60 inches has a viewing distance of 7.5-12.5 feet and the large 85 inches works with a range of 10-17.7 feet. Most people are discouraged from buying smart TVs because of the high cost of getting this TV sets. For half the price, you can buy an ordinary flat screen TV. This brings the need for finding cheap smart TVs. You can consider smart TVs as part TV and part smartphone. Instead of requiring a special streaming box or stick, you can bring up apps straight on your TV. Standard TVs only receive a signal from digital antennas, cable box, or satellite box by default.