Smart TV’s are becoming more and more common in the market today but how much do you really know about them…
A Smart TV is essentially a television box that is built to be connected to the internet and is a computer basically specialised for entertainment purposes. They come in a range of sizes ranging from the small to the ridiculously large, but each one has it’s features, benefits and drawbacks that may suit your requirements. And they are also becoming much cheaper and so you can easily now find a cheap smart TV online and we will show you the best ways to get the cheapest deals.
The best smart TVs at the moment are as follows:
- High quality LED backlighting gives a high contrast ratio, making blacks appear deeper and whites shine
- Freetime built-in enables to scroll back through TV listings and watch programmes from catch-up services
- VIERA connect allows you to stream video, photos and music from another source, such as your PC, via DLNA
- Swipe and share enables your smartphone or tablet to stream pictures, videos and music straight to the TV
- The built-in 20 W amplifier gives full-bodied sound, while V-Audio produces a more spacious, surround sound effect
- Full HD 1080p - crisper, clearer and breathtakingly life-like picture quality
- Samsung's Smart Hub - instant access to your favourite content with catch-up TV, video on demand, games and more
- S recommendation - get viewing recommendations tailored just for you
- Quad Core Processor - faster access to Smart features
- Football Mode - with the touch of a button optimise video and audio settings
- Smart TV
- Built-in Freeview HD
- 2 point metal stand
- High contrast for deep blacks, bright whites and vivid colours
- Media player - plug a USB memory stick and enjoy content on the vivid Viera screen
- Low power consumption using LED power saving
- 200 Hz for fast moving action and sports
- Built-in Freeview HD tuner - you can access UK's favourite TV channels, also offers full reign on a wide range of radio stations
- Ultra HD 4K: Packing four times the number of pixels into the same screen sizes as traditional 1080p
- Smart TV: Instantly stream from BBC iPlayer, Netflix, YouTube and Amazon Prime
- Freeview HD: Get the preferable TV channels in high definition
- HDMI 2.0
- USB 3.0
You can pick up Smart TV’s in differing ways, with the most common being as a stand – alone product, however normal standard TV boxsets can also become ‘Smart’ through enabled advanced functions that are provided through a set – top box that can be found in most electronic retailers stores’ both on the high street and online.
Smart TV’s are exactly that – Smart. They can receive satellite, cable, OTA (Over the Air) transmission passively and come with a wide range of extra hardware and connection types to allow you to get more from your TV. Most smart TV’s these days also come with TV Operating Systems fitted as standard, and these will allow you to access and control more features than ever before including streaming content via the internet and from any connected devices (e.g. smartphones, tablets, wireless keyboards and mice, etc.).
As already mentioned, a Smart TV gives you a whole host of different options in comparison to your old ‘normal’ television including access to apps, web browsing, and other additional services:
Apps on Smart TV’s come as standard (although certain apps will have to be downloaded on to the TV itself), meaning you can catch up with your social media accounts or indeed the show you meant to watch but missed. Apps that are included usually include Netflix and / or Amazon, catch up TV apps such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4OD, etc. Social Media outlets such as Facebook and Twitter are also quite frequently loaded on to the Smart TV’s of today.
Web Browsing on Smart TV’s is simple. Smart TV’s have built – in web browsers usually which means you can simply open that up and browse the internet just like you would do from your computer or laptop or phone, but just on a much larger and easier to read screen.
There are a range of Additional Services that can be found with Smart TV’s, a lot of which are specific to one brand so you may find differences depending on the brand you purchase. Some of the additional services are great whereas others are just a gimmick. Additional Services you may find useful include a recommendation of programs for you based on your past activities amongst other things.
If you have decided already before reading the above that you want a Smart TV, then how do you get one for the best price possible? Everybody loves a deal, so why should you be any different?
There are many ways you can get a Smart TV for a great price and a lot of it is down to you and how patient you can be. Throughout the course of the year now, there are specific days where lots of products receive heavy discounts (including the holy grail of a Smart TV) such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Post – Christmas Sales, etc. If you are happy to wait for these specific events then that is fine as you will obtain a better deal than the RRP you would usually pay. However, there are other ways and means of finding a great deal on Smart TV’s including: Using comparison websites, negotiating with the stores directly and looking on websites that aren’t considered mainstream (i.e. local retailers / stores). If you’re sceptical then carry on reading…..
A comparison website will allow you to enter your search term (in this case a Smart TV), and it will then generate a whole list of results based on who can provide what you are after along with their offer of pricing. From this you can sort the results out from cheapest cost to highest, whilst also being able to check that a company offering amazing prices are reputable ensuring you get the most for your money.
Negotiating with a store is something that not many people do for whatever reason. I’m sure you will, at some point in your life, have heard the saying “if you don’t ask, you don’t get”, and this principle applies here. By going into a store and simply telling them that you want the product and asking what they can do with a price you are onto a winner. The store will want your custom, so within reason they can always offer you something to ‘sweeten the deal’ as such, and in such instances this can constitute an offer that is too good to turn down when compared with other stores or offers you have seen.
Local retailer / electronic stores will stock the same products as the bigger national stores and occasionally they will have an offer on that makes buying from them the best option. You need to keep your eyes peeled and be committed to getting the best deal possible to make this a success.
As you look through this site, there will be lots of information on Smart TV’s including information on the different size screens you can purchase.
If you have any questions at all, then please feel free to contact us directly as we will be more than happy to assist you in any way we possibly can.